June Beauty Favourites

Posted on Monday 1 July 2013

As I am writing this post, I am staring out at the overcast sky and the wet roads, Queensland has seen a rather wet winter and I am very much looking forward to spring. But for now I will share with you all my handful of favourites from the past winter month. 
My skin is always very dehydrated in winter so it is important to take drastic measures. Which is why I purchased some pricey Dermalogica skincare products at the start of winter. Included with my purchase was this sample size 'Multi Active Toner'. Before this product I never used a toner in my daily skincare routine, I have noticed a difference in my skin this month. I spray it on my face after a shower, before moisturiser. It helps to clear your skin and really leaves it feeling hydrated and refreshed.
Trilogy Rosehip Oil is a 100% natural skincare product, which contains essential oils that are vital for regeneration of skin cells and repairing skin tissue. On nights when my face is feeling very dehydrated, I like to add a few drops of this oil to my nightly moisturiser. 

Cold outside air, mixed with dehydrating inside air from heaters, mixed with 5:30 am workouts in the wind has caused my lips to become extremely chapped and dry. For this there is only one cure, Carmex. I don't like Pawpaw ointment and Carmex is truly the only thing that really moisturises my lips.
I have rediscovered my Revlon Balm Stain in Honey. It really is the perfect your-lips-but-better colour. The creamy consistency of these stains balm stains also make them perfect for winter as they are not dehydrating or harsh on the lips. Swatches can be seen on this previous post.

While cleaning out my beauty cupboard I found this little pot of moisturiser. It came in a beauty box and was unopened. As soon as I opened the pot, I was in love! It has the most fragrant smell of ginger and lime. I keep this Lomasi ginger/lime body creme on my bedside table now.
A lifestlye favourite this month has been Green Tea. Mine is from T2 and is flavoured with cornflower petals. Lastly, my music favourite, Oh Sailor from Mr. Little Jeans. Her voice is so Lana Del Rey.

Post a Comment