September Favourites

Posted on Monday 6 October 2014

September was a hectic month - I started a new job, mid-semester Uni assessment was all due and I am finishing off my internship. So I guess I shouldn't be surprised at how quickly the month flew by. I can't believe it is already a week into October, which means we can start getting excited for Christmas season! Here's what I have been loving throughout the month of September.

BEAUTY

None of the beauty products that I loved during the month of September are really spring appropriate, but I don't believe you have to use a product specifically based on seasons. Firstly I have been loving Essence lip liners, seriously these $2 liners are better than any I have tried before. I have the colours In The Nude, Wish Me A Rose & Satin Mauve (Satin Mauve being the perfect Kylie Jenner shade). I often wear these liners completely on their own, but I have also been loving pairing In The Nude with Pixi Shea Lip Butter in Honey Nectar. During this busy month I have been all about the easy and fuss free make-up. Which brings me to the Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium, this crayon like eyebrow pencil makes it so easy to fill in brows. Following that step, I have been setting my brows with the Maybelline Brow Drama in Dark Brown. I have also been trying to experiment a bit more with eyeshadow this month, and these Revlon Colorstay Shadowlinks have been working amazing. You create your own palette by mixing and matching the single shadows, which is not only a creative idea, but the packaging is super compact. I have the colours Bone, Chocolate and Copper.

LIFE

I often joke that where I live we have only two seasons - winter or summer. It's either cold (ish) or we're dying of heat. But this month we actually experienced a few days of spring, where it's not cold but not hot enough for shorts and a tee. Ripped Boyfriend Jeans were my saviour, they are breezy but not too exposed to be cold. P.S they aren't pictured because unfortunately the rips got so big I had to make shorts out of them, but I am on the lookout for a new pair. When I have had a chance to relax at home, I have been loving burning my Lychee & Peony candle from Eat Street Markets. I prefer to burn candles in summer as I'm always drawn to the fruity/Caribbean scents. My last favourite of the month has to be Yorkshire tea. I am a big lover of tea but don't often branch out, however I recently picked up this tea (simply because Essie Button mentioned it) and turns out I love it!\

If you have a blog post up of your September favourites, link it in the comments, I love to see what everyone enjoys during the month.

Post a Comment