Summer Wardrobe Essentials

Posted on Sunday 21 December 2014

Summer, where I live, is HOT! Most days require minimal clothing & lightweight materials, so I decided to put together a few of my summer wardrobe must-haves. 

Because you know I'm all about that bass basics, I often reach for staples like this Forever 21 V-neck tee & Lee Cut Off Shorts. When I find a comfortable tee I usually pick it up in a range of colours as you can never have too many. Paired with denim shorts they make a cute and easy casual outfit. The next essential for summer is a lightweight dress, like this one from a label called LAPOA Threads. I have a little bit of an unhealthy obsession with stripes, but the high neck design on this one makes it quite unique.

It's the season sandals are fashionable again, so I picked up these stylish yet super affordable Lipstik sandals in three colours! To further accessorise, sunglasses are a great way to jazz up any outfit & I only just recently picked up these Quay Kosha sunnies from The Iconic (so hurry over there if you like them). 
My last wardrobe staple for the season are playsuits - yes these are both playsuits! The first is a beautifully printed playsuit I picked up from my local market. It is such a great piece to grab on the weekend & doesn't require much effort in the styling department. The second is a playsuit/skort from Zara. The bottom half looks like shorts from the back, but a skirt in the front. It is more of a dressy piece but I can still be as comfortable as I'd be in shorts. A smarter looking playsuit or dress is definitely a staple for hot summer nights! That concludes the roundup of my summer essentials, it is probably clear from this post that my style is very comfy-chic and I love my basics! Look out for a summer beauty essentials post coming soon. 

Post a Comment