Review Sleek Face Contour Kit and Blush by 3

Posted on Friday 21 June 2013

I recently stumbled across the official Sleek website and was intrigued, the prices are really affordable and shipping cost are low (only about $2 for 2 items). The face contour kit is what attracted me to the website. I was looking for a contour with more brown, less orange. This kit includes a pressed contour powder for creating shadows, and a shimmer powder for highlighting. I purchased the kit in light as I wanted a less dramatic contour.
What I really do love about both products is the big mirror in the packaging. As you can see from the swatches, the highlighter is a soft shimmery champagne colour and the contour is very wearable. My skin tone has a olive base but I am glad I bought the kit in light, as this is not too dramatic.
The contour kit comes in a small compact which can easily fit in your make up bag on the go. It comes with a instruction leaflet which indicates visually how to contour your face and nose.

On to the next product, the Blush by 3 palette. There are 5 shades available, from which I chose Lace. Each compact contains 3 fully pigmented matte and shimmer blushes. Lace has coral toned blushes from which 2 are matte and one shimmer.
This compact is larger than the contour and also contains a handy mirror.
The first colour, Chantilly (TOP), is an orange coral. It almost looks like a bronzer in the swatches. This is great for a vibrant summers look but not my favourite.

Guipure (MIDDLE), my favourite colour, is a shimmery pink with gold highlights. As soon as I swatched this colour on my fingertip I though - NARS orgasm. This colour is definitely a dupe.

Crochet (BOTTOM) is quite a hot pink coral and the most wearable.

Overall I am happy with the colour of the blushes, they can be easily built up to suit the intensity you want. One thing that I have noticed is that there is a big amount of fall-out from these blushes. The packaging is not going to stay looking this beautiful for long.

The face contour kit was $8.49, the blush by three was $12,49 and shipping and handling was $2.37.  Therefore I spent a grand total of $23.35 for a contour, highlight and three blushes.. Not bad!
  1. I have the contour kit too! I recently featured it in a post on my blog: http://jasminecara.blogspot.com.au/ . That blush trio looks really nice! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I've seen your post on the 'England buys', really like your blog :)

    ReplyDelete