Review Rimmel London Apocalips Lip Lacquer Review

Posted on Thursday 18 July 2013

This week I have been in that 'week before Uni starts' slump. All I want to do is lazily watch Youtube videos. Today's post is on the new Rimmel London lip product, Apocolips Lip Lacquer. These new lip products are basically a lipstick in a liquid form. I believe there are 8 colours in total. What I like about these is that they aren't sticky, or as glossy as lip gloss (I am not a lip gloss fan!).
Celestial ; Nova
On the left we have Celestial, which is my very favourite! It doesn't look overly glossy, yet it's still not drying, and the colour is a beautiful natural lip colour. It's very similar to my Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey, which featured in my Revlon Favourites. On the right is Nova which is a bolder pink. Regarding the consistency, I think all the colours are different. The other swatches I did on my hand, with the darker colours, were much more glossy. In terms of wear, I don't think these are long wearing, however they leave a tint on the lips.
Celestial ; Nova
The lip lacquers have a doe foot applicator, a little bit different that the usual. The applicator has an indent in the middle which holds the product. This ensures really nice application. 
At the moment these are $7-something at Priceline but they are usually $15-something. However, they are available on Asos for around $7.00 permanently. If you wanted to see swatches of the full collection, check out Fleur De Force's blog post here. Overall I do like these two colours, but I still prefer my Revlon Balm Stains.

Post a Comment