Collective Clothing Haul

Posted on Wednesday 14 May 2014

Over the months of April and May, I've picked up a few winter bits online. My flights are booked for my trip to South Africa, so I'll be facing a harsher cold than we have here in Queensland. 
One of my favourite online shopping websites, The Iconic, had a 50% sale on certain items over the recent long weekend. And of course I had to take advantage of such a sale.

The first thing I picked up is a thick woollen coat-like jacket by The Iconic brand, Cloth. The jacket is thick and lined, perfect for cold weather. I am a monochrome girl so black was a must, however the leather detailing on the collar and pockets are a nice touch. The jacket has a sort of bell shape- fitting around the shoulders and flaring out around the hips- with an asymmetrical zip. The original price for the Marseille Melton Jacket is $119.00 so I paid around $60.. BARGAIN.
My style is very comfy-chic, so wooly jumpers are a must. I loved this Atmos&Here sweater because of the textured, bubbly look of the wool. The sweater is comfortable and easy to wear, and for $30 down from $60, who can complain. Along with the jumper I also picked up a wooly cream scarf by Atmos&Here, which came down to under $10! (Might pick up more colours of this scarf as full price is only $16.95).
The next purchase I made quite a while ago, but I was indecisive of whether to keep the product or not. This pink trench-like jacket from Dissh caught my eye because of the beautiful colour. I was really disappointed when I received the product though, because the quality is just not worth the $70. Dissh only has a 14 day exchange policy that I was unaware of, and you can only get a store coupon anyway, so I had to keep the jacket... You win some you lose some I suppose. Hopefully I can work with it and make it look less cheap.
Country Road recently had a 3 for the price of 2 promotion on all women clothing. I was avoiding going in store because I really didn't want to spend money as I'm suppose to be saving. But on the last night of the sale I caved and bought three knits online. Each knit was originally $129 (which I wouldn't usually pay as that is so over my Uni student budget), with the sale I got all three knits for AU$258, which brings it to AU$86 a knit.. pretty great savings right there.

The first knit I got is one I tried on in store before but left as I couldn't justify the price. I originally wanted the grey colour but they only had black and cream left. Its a slouchy, boxy cut with tight sleeves on the forearm. I really like how the knit looks but it is a little scratchy so hopefully it softens after washing.
Country Road Square Cut Tunic
One look into my wardrobe and you'll see that I really love Breton tops and anything stripe-y. So of course, I had to get the knit below when I saw it online. To be honest its probably my least favourite out of the three, but I do still like it. Its a slouchy fit, with a crew neckline and a slight high-low hem. I envision wearing this knit with a white coloured button down shirt so I'm on the hunt for that now.

Textured Stripe Knit
The next is defiantly my favourite knit. I was drawn to this once again because of the print and colour, I was unsure of whether the shape would fit me but it is really flattering.
Cable Knit
As a fashion lover I do love lables, I can't always ever afford them but I do love them. So promise not to judge me for my next purchase? I recently saw a blogger from Heaven on Bourke wearing a pair of Rivers boots [don't tell anyone ;) ]. I jumped online and found them for like $25 - That's ridic right!
And lastly, my tartan addition to winter 2014. I literally just got this tartan print scarf in the mail from Boohoo. I was sceptical of Boohoo but this is a great scarf for the $14 price tag.
That concludes my collective haul. I do apologise for my irregular posts, University has been suffocating me. Hopefully I'll get back on track soon! 

Post a Comment