My current beauty and lifestyle favourites

Posted on Tuesday 12 July 2016

What better way to get back into the beauty reviews than with a 'favourites' post! Here is a collection of products that I have been absolutely loving over the past few months.


Previously I've always gravitated towards foundations that are dewy, light and natural looking. I shied away from anything claiming to be full coverage, that was until I came across the Too Faced Born This Way Foundation. I love how natural (non-cakey) the finish of this foundation looks whilst still providing great coverage. Too Faced have a wide range of shades so there is a colour to suit regardless of whether you need cool or warm toned foundation. I often struggle to find a foundation that is yellow based, so this is a winner for me.

When it comes to adorning my fingertips, I go through phases of either loving colour or sticking to neutrals. As you can see from my next favourite, the latter is currently winning. The Sally Hansen nail polish in Brown Rose has been my go to recently as it suits any outfit or occasion.

I have one new addition to my skincare regime; the Waterlily Marine Collagen Eye Infusion. I love so many of Waterlily's products but this eye gel stands out because it is amazing at depuffing. I love that the texture is a gel rather than cream as it creates a really soothing effect.

Makeup wise I recently changed up my eyebrow routine and put my beloved Brow Wiz aside to try out some brow products from Poni Cosmetics. I've found their brow powder in shade No. 2 Palomino to be a perfect colour match and sometimes it's nice to have a powder on hand for a more precise finish. The Too Faced Perfect Lips liner is your answer to a Kylie Jenner pout in one product. This liner makes it so easy to create a fuller look without that obviously overdrawn lip.

Finally, not beauty related but worth a mention none the less is Melissa Ambrosini's book Mastering Your Mean Girl. I might do a full book review soon but for now, all I will say is that it is a non-bullshit guide to getting your life back in order and a must-read!

Let me know what are some of your current favourite things in the comments.

Post a Comment